Every year during the summer, air conditioning bills skyrocket without the proper preparation. Not only is being energy efficient a great way to lessen your carbon footprint on the atmosphere, but it goes hand in hand with lowering costs. With the consistent humidity in the air, keeping your air conditioner isn’t an option. There are a few easy ways to preserve energy and money.
Here are five tips to keep in mind during those summer months:
- Schedule Routine Maintenance – With the proper upkeep plan in place, you won’t need to wait around for something to break down and potentially be more costly than regular maintenance. Prevention is much more effective than a reaction to an already malfunctioning unit.
- Check Your Ducts – First, make sure that dust isn’t accumulating or possibly obstructing the flow of air into your living space. If your current ductwork is a bit outdated, it may be leaking air and costing a fortune. Consider applying new sealant and proper insulation as a precaution.
- Raise Your Temperature – When you’re away, you don’t need to keep your air conditioner at the same temperature that you enjoy when you’re home. Even an adjustment as small as 2 or 3 degrees warmer can save homeowners a noticeable amount of money on their bills.
- Mini-Split Systems – If you already have HVAC systems that work flawlessly for your home, then more power to you! However, these ductless units allow users to manage the temperature in different rooms. Having the ability to handle the heat is made simply with these structures.
- Thermostat Advantage – Installing a smart thermostat will give you complete control – home or not – of your AC system. With voice-activated systems becoming more advanced every day, it can be as simple as asking Alexa to cool or warm the room your home.
Our team knows how detrimental it can be to balance the use of your air conditioning units with lowering the cost of your bills. Homeowners can help themselves with a few tips, and for extensive maintenance, a professional is the best route to take. Lucky for our customers, Buehler Air has a maintenance program set in place to inspect, test, and clean multiple parts of units. This program has helped save plenty of clients from shelling out more money for their AC systems; please give us a call today to get started!
When you use your air conditioner as much as you do in Jacksonville, FL, it’s only natural you want to find ways to save money. With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to decide if you’re getting the most from your thermostat. Most people don’t realize how much energy it takes to raise or lower the temperature in your home by even a few degrees, which reflects in your utility bills. A programmable thermostat can help you save money. Read on to discover how. Continue reading “How to Save Money on Air Conditioning with Your Programmable Thermostat”
A thermostat can be a powerful tool in energy-efficiency when used properly. But if you never learn about the features and settings on your thermostat, it could just be an energy hog in your home. Are you taking advantage of your thermostat for the best possible energy efficiency without sacrificing your comfort? Here are our recommendations for saving money when running your air conditioner. Continue reading “Are You Using Your Home Thermostat for Maximum Efficiency?”
Your thermostat is essentially the brain of your air conditioner. It sends a signal to the air conditioner as soon as temperatures elevate above what you need and forces the AC to shut back off again once everything returns to normal. Of course, if the thermostat is not working, you won’t be able to use your air conditioner at all, and this is the reason for many of the frantic emergency AC repair calls we receive. Continue reading “Why Is My Thermostat Display Blank?”
The thermostat is probably the portion of your AC that you are most familiar with. But are you really taking advantage of it to the full extent so that you save the most money possible on your air conditioning this year? In this guide, we will give you a few tips and recommendations for using the thermostat in a way that saves you hassle and keeps bills low. Continue reading “A Guide to Using Your Air Conditioner’s Thermostat Efficiently”
When you have to call a technician for air conditioning repair, it can seem like quite an inconvenience. But what’s even more annoying is finding out that the issue may have been preventable. Any of the following habits can actually make AC issues more likely, so read on to find out how you can keep large costly AC repairs at bay. Continue reading “3 Common Habits that Can Lead to Costly AC Repairs”
If you have an older air conditioning system, it may not always run up to your standards. However, this does not always mean it needs to be replaced. If your air conditioner has not yet reached the end of its expected lifespan, but you feel it could stand for a little improvement, try making any of the following upgrades to your unit for greater efficiency and comfort. Continue reading “3 Ways to Upgrade Your Air Conditioner (without Replacing It)”