Every year during the summer, air conditioning bills skyrocket without the proper preparation. Not only is being energy efficient a great way to lessen your carbon footprint on the atmosphere, but it goes hand in hand with lowering costs. With the consistent humidity in the air, keeping your air conditioner isn’t an option. There are a few easy ways to preserve energy and money.
Here are five tips to keep in mind during those summer months:
- Schedule Routine Maintenance – With the proper upkeep plan in place, you won’t need to wait around for something to break down and potentially be more costly than regular maintenance. Prevention is much more effective than a reaction to an already malfunctioning unit.
- Check Your Ducts – First, make sure that dust isn’t accumulating or possibly obstructing the flow of air into your living space. If your current ductwork is a bit outdated, it may be leaking air and costing a fortune. Consider applying new sealant and proper insulation as a precaution.
- Raise Your Temperature – When you’re away, you don’t need to keep your air conditioner at the same temperature that you enjoy when you’re home. Even an adjustment as small as 2 or 3 degrees warmer can save homeowners a noticeable amount of money on their bills.
- Mini-Split Systems – If you already have HVAC systems that work flawlessly for your home, then more power to you! However, these ductless units allow users to manage the temperature in different rooms. Having the ability to handle the heat is made simply with these structures.
- Thermostat Advantage – Installing a smart thermostat will give you complete control – home or not – of your AC system. With voice-activated systems becoming more advanced every day, it can be as simple as asking Alexa to cool or warm the room your home.
Our team knows how detrimental it can be to balance the use of your air conditioning units with lowering the cost of your bills. Homeowners can help themselves with a few tips, and for extensive maintenance, a professional is the best route to take. Lucky for our customers, Buehler Air has a maintenance program set in place to inspect, test, and clean multiple parts of units. This program has helped save plenty of clients from shelling out more money for their AC systems; please give us a call today to get started!
For those who aren’t air conditioning savvy, it may be a difficult decision to decide when you should use a ducted or ductless AC unit. Whether you’re looking to replace the ductwork within your home or installing a new ductless mini-split system, it’s crucial to know which one is right for you and your space.
What’s the Difference Between Ductwork and Ductless Air Conditioning?
Air ducts are customarily made from sheet metal and are installed behind the walls and ceilings of your area. They are mostly designed to work with heating and air conditioning systems to carry conditioned air from a central unit through vents into your space. If you already have ducts within your home, it’ll be less expensive to use what you’ve been given and replacing the unit rather than renovating it.
Ducted systems offer a seamless look because everything is behind the scenes. If your space produces humidity, a ducted structure is excellent for controlling and reducing the moisture overall. An opportunity to increase airflow will be better with ductwork and overall balance the conditions of air pressure in the area.
Ductless structures don’t require any ducts to distribute air throughout the space. With older buildings, ductwork may not be a feasible option because of the smaller areas. In that case, ductless mini-split units are the best option for maximum air comfort. If you already have an HVAC system that works flawlessly within your property but you’re looking to expand, then a ductless system won’t compromise the whole system.
If people utilizing the area have asthma or are in a sanitary setting, dust can be a significant issue for air conditioning. If that is the case, the ductless system won’t collect any dust like conventional ductwork. One of the most beneficial advantages of having a ductless unit is being able to customize the comfort conditions in separate areas throughout the space. If there is a living space that’s not being utilized, a ductless system allows you to make it warmer while it’s not in use.
If needed, do some more research, then call a professional, and after they’ve performed their services, sustain those units with regularly schedules maintenances. With Buehler Air, you’re procuring licensed and trained professionals every time you call for our services. If you have any more questions, or concerns, contact us today!
Our technicians are here to help. That’s why we want to make sure that you have accurate information about caring for your air conditioning system. The following list includes incorrect information we hear about central AC far too often. Knowing the truth can help to keep your air conditioner operating more efficiently, meaning you can save money and keep your AC system for longer! Continue reading “3 Things We Hear about Air Conditioning That Just Aren’t True!”